Nirbhoy Gram Campaign
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.nirbhoygram.com
Phone – 09560925802
Dated: March 14, 2014
Sh. S. K. Dwivedi, IAS
The District Magistrate
Dear Sh. S.K. Dwivedi Ji,
Sub: Seeking your urgent attention and support
towards the pitiable state of a widow Ms. Basana Mondal and her daughter in a poor family in Parbatidanga village of Habibpur Block of Malda District
Through this letter, I wish to bring to your attention the deplorable condition of Ms Basana Mondol and her daughter born to a poor underprivileged family in Parbatidanga village of Habibpur block in Malda and seek your support in providing appropriate rehabilitative care to her. Ms. Basana Mondol is seeking the attention of district police for the re-investigation in the case of her husband’s unfortunate death. She is also seeking share of her husband’s property for the economic support to herself and her young daughter. She claims to be deprived and not in a position to lead a normal life due to mental tension as well as economic insolvency.
As you know, Nirbhoy Gram is a people’s movement for safety, security and justice at the grassroot level initiated by Sreerupa Mitra Chaudhury. It primarily focuses on safety and security of women and children. The campaign aims to remove fear from the minds of villagers, teach villagers to stand against crime and corruption, educate them to fight economic insolvency, motivate them to voice out their demands for safety and security and elect fearless and truthful leaders as their representatives in polity for social, economic and infrastructural transformation of the villages.
As a rural campaign, Nirbhoy Gram is not into service delivery but supports villagers in seeking support from the appropriate source. On behalf of Ms. Basana Mondol and in response to the pain that her little girl is bearing, I, founder of Nirbhoy Gram Campaign, request you for your immediate action and support towards the rehabilitation of the widow and her semi-orphaned daughter.
- Please organize some financial help/widow pension for Ms. Basana Mondol and her young daughter for sustainable long-term care and rehabilitation.
- Provide any livelihood and education related schemes and policies to Basana and her young daughter.
- Guide/refer to SP for re-investigation/enquiry into her husband’s death, she is seeking appropriate legal and social justice from the governmental agencies
- Refer to District Legal Aid Service for free legal aid on her property/matrimonial rights
- Refer to DSW for exploring possibilities on widow pension or any such other benefit for her survival and care.
Your support through government policies and schemes will be a life saver for the widow and the girl and shall prove extremely helpful for this family. I look forward for your support in this cause.
(Sreerupa Mitra Chaudhury)